Mar 27, 2017

Tentative date that City of Windsor will vote on the Environmental Assessment.

Feb 13, 2017

The Windsor Essex County Environment Committee supports the Environmental Assessment for Matchette’s closure. Also supported by the Essex County Field Naturalist Club, Friends of Ojibway Prairie, Friends of Save Ojibway, and Bike Windsor Essex.

Jan 25, 2017

The Environment, Transportation, and Public Safety Committee receives Administration’s report 6 months later and refers report to council.

Jan 23, 2017

City of Windsor budget deliberations does not consider money for the Environmental Assessment as it was not approved by council in the budget year.


July 20, 2016

The Environment, Transportation, and Public Safety Committee addresses Council’s Sept 8, 2014 request for a report to look into a study for Matchette Road’s closure. The issue is deferred, as Fred Francis requests Administration to include ecopassages in its report.


October 20, 2015

MPPs Percy Hatfield and Tracey Gretsky present petitions with 12,700 names at the Legislative Assembly asking for the protection of Ojibway.

December 4, 2015

OMB rules in favour of development, citing the ESA Permit must have considered road mortality and preferring evidence from Coco Paving’s environmental expert.

August 24 - September 4, 2015

OMB proceedings complete. Legal has stated it could take up to months for a decision and the chance for success is the same as a turtle making it across the road.

June 24, 2015

Coco Paving requests Motion Hearing and successfully quashes issues related to hydrogeology, any evidence of what ESA Permit included. Most issues remain.

February, 2015

Hearing date set for Aug. 24-Sept 4, 2015. Click on the "You can Help" page to send a letter.


November, 2014

The current planner has decided to leave the case. We need to raise funds again to pay for a replacement. THE FUNDS HAVE BEEN RAISED!

October 14, 2014

MONEY HAS BEEN RAISED! Thank you for everyone's support!

September 8, 2014

Save Ojibway needs to raise $10,000 to pay for a traffic expert and additional legal fees, due to MNRF granting Coco Paving a permit under the Endangered Species Act. The City of Windsor voted Sept 8 to request the OMB to approve the big box.

August, 2014

MNRF grants Coco Paving a permit, traffic from the big box is stated "were considered to be outside the scope of the development project."


March, 2013

Coco Paving applies for permit under the Endangered Species Act, 411 citizens write letters opposing the permit.


April, 2011

Denies parties spring site visit.


July 29, 2010

Experts for parties visit site and find approximately 92 endangered/threatened individual species. In addition, the Ministery of Natural Resources have recorded over 54 endangered/threatened species in a 1 km radius. See headlines Aug 2010 Windsor Star article.

July 28, 2010

Company was granted indefinte adjournment to complete species at risk work. Parties agree on condition that their experts secure site visits on proposed development lands.

May 19, 2010

Company requests second adjournment until Sept 2011 to complete further species at risk studies. This was the same reason for adjournment in Jan 2010, though no further studies have been completed.

January 11, 2010

Hearing delayed until Dec 6, 2010.


December 23, 2009

Coco Paving requests adjournmnet for 6-9 months due to MNR's concerns in Coco Paving's Species at Risk recording methods.

October 19, 2009

Tony Reznicek, discovers many threatened, and rare species on a site visit of Coco Paving's lands not recorded in Coco's 13 year study.